United Way of Central Missouri and Fechtel Beverage & Sales have partnered together to establish the Central Missouri Food Service Industry Relief Fund in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the Central Missouri Food Service Industry Relief Fund is to provide critical financial support to individuals who work in the restaurant/bar service industry who have experienced a financial hardship or crisis as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Employees who work in the restaurant/bar industry in the service footprint of the United Way of Central Missouri (the counties of Camden, Cole, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Osage, Phelps and southern Callaway) and the county of Boone in the state of Missouri.
Recipient of funds cannot be an owner or registered agent of an establishment that holds a Missouri State Liquor License.
A financial hardship is defined as an extreme situation causing economic difficulty that cannot be controlled or predicted, such as:
--Place of employment closed permanently or temporarily
--Reduced income due to a reduction in working hours
--And/or loss of income due to you or a family member of whom you are responsible for care being quarantined.
Gifts should be requested for the purpose of paying a bill or invoice (mortgage, rent, utility or auto); proof of said bill or invoice is to be included with the application and is required to be considered. If approved, funds will be paid directly to the creditor.
• An approved gift cannot exceed $300
• A maximum of $600 per person will be allowed in 2021; however recipients who received $600 in assistance in 2020 may receive on additional gift of $300 in 2021
• If applying for another gift, applicants must submit their new request 60 days after their most recent approval
• Recipient of funds cannot be an owner or registered agent of an establishment holding a Missouri State Liquor License
• Funds will be paid directly to creditor
• A copy of the bill or invoice (mortgage, rent, utility or auto payment) must be submitted with the application
• A copy of a pay stub from qualifying employer must be submitted with application and dated February 15, 2020 or after
• Applications will be processed on a first come first served basis, or emergent need, based on funding availability. Once all funds have been exhausted, no other claims will be paid
• Recipient will assume the tax liability, if applicable
• If an emergency situation arises that the United Way deems worthy of exceeding the $300 limit for an individual, the United Way can contact Fechtel Beverage for approval of the disbursement
In order to be good stewards of the charitable dollar and be transparent and accountable to our donors, as the fiscal agent of the Central Missouri Food Service Industry Relief Fund, United Way of Central Missouri must have required documentation to approve requests from this fund.
Application must be accompanied with 1) copy of mortgage, rent, utility or auto bill/invoice and must include applicants full name on the invoice; and 2) pay stub dated February 15, 2020 or after from qualifying employer and must include applicant's name matching the name on the bill/invoice. If the name on the invoice does not match the name on the pay stub, additional documentation must be submitted to substantiate the applicant is responsible for the charge, such as proof of address matching the bill/invoice. Payment will be made directly to the creditor.
To begin the application process, fill out the information below or click here for a print-friendly copy.