Fund Update as of March 4, 2021
Funds donated: $60,405
Number of gifts awarded: 168
Total amount distributed: $48,189.01
UNITED WAY OF CENTRAL MISSOURI & FECHTEL BEVERAGE & SALES ESTABLISH CENTRAL MISSOURI FOOD SERVICE INDUSTRY RELIEF FUND
Updated February 24, 2021
(Jefferson City, MO) Fechtel Beverage & Sales and United Way of Central Missouri are committed to providing a hand-up to the people of Central Missouri who are in need following the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus. With funding support provided by Fechtel Beverage, United Way of Central Missouri has established and agreed to be the fiscal agent for the Central Missouri Food Service Industry Relief Fund. The purpose of this fund will be to provide a simple vehicle for the community to offer critical financial aid to the members of the on-premise food service industries in Central Missouri during this difficult time.
“Given the United Way’s nearly 100-year history, network of partners, knowledge of local issues, power to convene and collaborate, as well as its accountability systems; we trust United Way to establish and operate this critical fund to help us realize our goal in providing support to our community,” said Bernie Fechtel, owner of Fechtel Beverage & Sales.
United Way of Central Missouri President/CPO Ann Bax said, “United Way is proud to partner with Fechtel Beverage & Sales in this endeavor, who is such a wonderful United Way and community supporter who is always looking out for our neighbors in need.”
Applicants must work in the restaurant/bar service industry in the service footprint of the United Way of Central Missouri (the counties of Camden, Cole, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Osage, Phelps and southern Callaway) and/or the county of Boone in the state of Missouri. Individuals working in the restaurant/bar service industry in these counties who have experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19; such as place of employment closing permanently or temporarily, reduced income due to a reduction in working hours, or loss of income due to oneself or a family member requiring care during quarantine; are encouraged to apply. Applications should be submitted for requesting funding assistance with a bill or invoice for mortgage, rent, utility or auto payments. Other criteria include:
• An approved gift cannot exceed $300
• A maximum of $600 per person will be allowed in 2021; however recipients who received $600 in assistance in 2020 may receive on additional gift of $300 in 2021
• If applying for another gift, applicants must submit their new request 60 days after their most recent approval
• Recipient of funds cannot be an owner or registered agent of an establishment holding a Missouri State Liquor License
• Funds will be paid directly to creditor
• A copy of the bill or invoice (mortgage, rent, utility or auto payment) must be submitted with the application
• A copy of a pay stub from qualifying employer must be submitted with application and dated February 15, 2020 or after
• Applications will be processed on a first come first served basis, or emergent need, based on funding availability. Once all funds have been exhausted, no other claims will be paid
• Recipient will assume the tax liability, if applicable
• If an emergency situation arises that the United Way deems worthy of exceeding the $300 limit for an individual, the United Way can contact Fechtel Beverage for approval of the disbursement
To apply, select the 'Apply Now' button above, or if you would like to request a physical application form please send an email to email@example.com.
To make a donation to support the Central Missouri Food Service Industry Relief Fund select the 'Donate Now' button above, or if paying by check please send to the United Way office located at 205 Alameda Drive, Jefferson City, Missouri 65109. Checks should be made payable to the United Way of Central Missouri and should note ‘Food Service Relief Fund’ in the memo field.
For questions regarding the Central Missouri Food Service Industry Relief Fund or for questions regarding a donation, please contact United Way of Central Missouri President/CPO Ann Bax at firstname.lastname@example.org.
United Way of Central Missouri stands committed to focusing on providing the support needed to navigate these current challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. Individuals should stay tuned to our website and Facebook page for information and resources regarding COVID-19 in central Missouri.
About United Way of Central Missouri
With more than 1,100 volunteers, United Way of Central Missouri and its 28 partner agencies touch more than 90,000 lives in our community, helping people live their best possible lives by fighting for the health, education, financial stability and basic needs of every person in our community. We provide services in nine counties in central Missouri; including Camden, Cole, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Phelps, Osage, and southern Callaway; to create community solutions that improve life for our families, friends, and neighbors. Since our inception in 1925, United Way of Central Missouri has partnered with local businesses and organizations to remain a vibrant resource in our community. For more information about United Way of Central Missouri, please visit UnitedWaycemo.org. Stay tuned by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (@unitedwaycemo)